Sunday, October 6, 2013

31 Days: Annoyance and Gratitude


I have pet peeves. More than I willing to admit. God has been - well, I am finally allowing God to speak into my heart. Especially when it comes to my marriage.  The truth that I am currently being beat over the head with -

Annoyance and gratitude cannot fill the same space. 

I do this thing where I DO something for my husband, and then wait for him to appreciate it.  I didn't even realize I was doing it, until I finally allowed God to stir my heart.

My husband is my best friend.  I have other friends, girls that serve as 'girl' best friends, but my husband, he is MY best friend.

Showing gratitude to my husband should not be a give and take thing. It should be a give and give thing.  I want live liked a blessed woman.

I don't want to wait for the kick back of my doing nice things - that's God's job.

I want to do marriage without complaining about it (even if it is in my head) - “Do everything without grumbling.” (Philippians 2:14 NIV)

My husband, always, without fail, brings home a paycheck, takes out the trash (even the diapers), hugs our little girl and tells her she's beautiful, wrestles with our sons, builds immaculate train track structures, makes our home a fun place to be, brings out the light side of everything, and smiles when I need him to.

He does so many wonderful things without being asked, without complaining, and without ever pointing out that he sometimes is picking up my slack.

We are a team.

I cannot show gratitude to my husband and be annoyed with him within the same heartbeat. I want to serve him through gratitude. I want to serve him because I love him.  I want to serve him because I love God and want to honor Him with or marriage.

I am praying today and throughout this challenge that I can serve my husband without silent expectations and without grumbling.









No comments:

Post a Comment