Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 Days:: Remembering the Best Day

I don't have a lot of time today, but I don't want to miss a day on the whole write for 31 days thing. 



I found this picture. We were so young and beautiful. It was only 5 short years ago, but it feels like a lifetime has passed.

I love that man in that picture so much.  So much more than that day. - although I didn't think it was possible to love him any more than the moment this picture was taken.

Since this picture was taken, we have moved twice, had 3 children, changed jobs, cried, laughed, disappointed each other, disappointed ourselves, gained weight, lost weight, cut our hair and grew it back, fallen, got back up, carried each other, failed and succeeded, defined and re-defined our roles in the marriage, grew and killed each others' dreams, and so. much. more.

We have survived these short years and have gone from knowing it all to understanding we. know. nothing. Nothing at all.

We're always exhausted, and sometimes overwhelmed, but in 5 years, I have learned that my Pastor husband is my biggest fan and strongest advocate.  He is the best father 3 crazy kids could have and I wouldn't change this break-neck speed life for all the 'tea in China'.......

....or, in my case, 'coffee in ?'.

Where is there a lot of coffee?     ...because that is what I wouldn't change it for.

No comments:

Post a Comment