Tuesday, October 8, 2013

31 Days: Letter from your oldest little

Hi daddy,

I just wanted to take the time to say how much you mean to me.  I don't know it yet, but your love for me in these first 5 years is so much a part of who I will be.

Thank you or smiling every time you see me.

Thank you for missing me when I am not around.

Thank you for trying so hard to FaceTime with me when you are away.

Thank you for always going to work, even if no one would notice if you didn't. You are a man of integrity.

Thank you for always giving mommy your paycheck so she can pay the bills and buy us food.

...and in the same way, thank you for believing that it is good for my mommy to stay home with me.  I love these years we are getting to spend together - even if it means sacrifice.

Thank you for working so hard so we can have a warm/cool house and food to eat.

Thank you for praying for me.

Thank you for making me feel cherished and adored.

Thank you for being my hero.

Thank you for loving just mommy.  I will grow to have a trust in men because my mommy can always trust you. 

Thank you for sometimes being a softy.  Your vulnerability helps me to see that you are human.

Thank you or being an authentic version of yourself.  This helps me see that God makes us to be exactly who He wants us to be and that we don't have to pretend to be anyone else.

Thank you for forgiving mommy when she is a little mean.  This shows me how to forgive others and will be very valuable as I grow in a world with people that will positively let me down.

Thank you for kissing mommy and holding her hand. In a world where marriage is always failing, this shows me that it is OK to love your spouse and show it!

Thank you for caring about your marriage and bringing mommy on dates. This shows me that I should wait for a man who cares enough about my heart to nurture our relationship throughout marriage.

Thank you for being gentle with me. This shows me that I am delicate and should be handled with care. 

Thank you for helping mommy with the chores. This helps me see that marriage is a partnership. 

Thank you also for leading our family. This helps me to see God's design played out authentically.

Thank you for admitting when you have made a mistake. This helps me to see that people are not perfect and God always gives mercy. 

Thank you for praying with me and teaching me how to talk to God.

Thank you for bringing me on little dates. This models how I should be treated by future boyfriends (if you and mommy ever let me date. ;)

Thank you for making me feel more special than any other little girl.

Thank you for answering God's call to be a pastor even though it is hard and challenging. This shows me that God's calling on my life is good and will prevail if I trust Him.

Thank you for being kind to those who are not kind to you. This shows me that God's calling on my life is bigger than people who behave poorly.  

Thank you for allowing God to fight your battles. This helps me see how God carries us.

Thank you for teaching me things before I know I will need them.

and.....

Above all things, thank you for saying yes to Jesus.  This means more to me than I'll ever know.

Love,

Your oldest little.



;)

No comments:

Post a Comment